Updates on what I believe needs to be covered.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Some of my work. Be gentle, or harsh really it's cool. Poems: Upload 1

Embers

The smoke cleared, shaking begins.

I look at the burns

I needed her.

The ardent pile, gone

She pulls up, hand over mouth

We unravel.

the ember

smolders

______________________________________________________________________


Extrapolations (the shore)

A shore that says more than simply design

One that shows the texture of 1,000 fireflies sitting in a row

Dimmed down for the night like stones,

Seaweed clinging for all it’s worth

The breeze might be the only comfort here

Listen to the waves hitting the coast

It sounds like all the muted suffering in the world.

_____________________________________________________________________


Dust from the fence

A skyline altered

Trees that long for leaves,

kisses like detonations

glimpses of global happenings

Wings brush against the wall

-push off-

gaining momentum

the wings flutter

d

u s

t

e

m

e

r

g

e

s

like we all do

uneasy dissonance seeping through

tattered white picket fences

ever wonder?

____________________________________________________________________


Where you want to be

You might not think you need to

but reading between the lines will change that.

It turned me around.

That moment where everything finally comes together

A definitive answer, if it even exists,

A definitive answer…

One answer, No doubt?

Lies.

He pokes at the perimeter of the questions

Hoping there is an answer for him

__________________________________________________________________

Update 10/27

Syntactical Drought

Abandoning analgesics, we search for a new therapy.

No longer are the sprinkles of ampersands or lingering linguistics.

Remainders of the romance rhetoric float between

the click of the light and the start of a dream.

Endless ellipses of; sure… I’ll get there…

The trepidations of

Anxiety.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Hollywood X

There are X number of card carriers.

This descript cursive doctrine of yours ruined lives.

Atomic bonds were crushed.

Your apertures were closed on the truth.

Closed mindedness implies,

a hate that supersedes generations.

What have they built you to do Parnell?

Postulation of the unfriendlies

Shameful inglorious defeat was placed.

Red Scare, white house, blacklist

All these ideologies juxtapose fear.

Celluloid Paraphernalia

Docu-accu-sations

Deep focusing in on the Guilt

Miller couldn’t have written a better witch hunt.

This doesn’t feel like the house I live in.

______________________________________________________________________________________-

After Strange Fruit

-looming-

The fog covers

Ghostly dancing across the keys (ghostly)

Reminiscent of a loss of innocence

Regret mourning requiem

Powerful sweetly-sung-morbid

Paralyzing

Who really is the bitter crop?

Lurking southern breeze

It’s something…

It’s catalytic.

Abel created one unappreciated baby

too bad it had to die.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Afternoon Nimbus

Presiding above fear and beauty

Precipitous destruction ensues.

Looming over, leaving,

The child looking up,

squinting really

really hard

An imprint of fear;

Etched, deep within.

A lonely house on the hill

Emasculated by mere presence

Soother and destroyer,

Take him away to this escapist realm.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Burial Cost

The eagle stands tall on the post

Exanimate, but never spoke so clear

Representing a life of devotion and courage

A beacon in this arid desert

The chief lies in peace, honored.

Across the country

A mausoleum,

as empty as the man’s soul,

not his wallet however.

This man with a statue

Not even the statue of the man

Mustachioed adulterous,

We have progressed?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In the cold I’m standing in terror.


Look at my hands, I’m shaking.

A cold lonely feeling wrapped around.

I was the only one,

Wait.

All my body is shaking.

Something is wrong.

It was a normal night, for 3am.

Walking home I noticed a body behind me,

He appeared closer and closer,

I felt his breath in my hair.

I knew he was looking at me.
Two invisible eyes,

two invisible and monstrous eyes.

He must be so crazy right now.
He is going to kill me for sure.

I glanced over my shoulder

only to see my cloudy reflection on his blade.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Butterfly I call Jarnot

Butterfly among the green-bristled pines, fluttering calmly as everything seems fine.

Butterfly fluttering finely among the greenish bristling calm pines, and calmly and everything is fine. A line is drawn misrepresenting actual boarders for the green-bristled butterfly calmly among the fine pines that seems like the butterfly’s everything. A line between the green grizzled butterfly misrepresenting the actual pine, “everything’s fine” boarders, flutters calmly for the bunny bordering below. A bunny fluttering below misrepresenting the bordering butterfly among the calm green line-drawing bristled pines, actually everything is fine as the tree timbers. Below the tree-timbering, bunny bristling, green calm butterfly line drawing bordering and misrepresenting the fluttering calming actual pine as everything is fine. The bunny bristling butterfly grizzled-green line lingering seeming drawing among is below actual calmly misrepresenting border tree timbering fine fluttering pine everything. Below a bunny above around the bordering timbering butterfly greenly among the calm pine fine line drawn everything empirical misrepresenting actually lingering grizzeled is bristeling tree. Lingeringly butterflyingly above actual grizzled bristled empirical bunny below the bordering tree above timbering calm drawn green fluttering misrepresenting pine among lines is everything as not fine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Narrative #2

The film is shaky,

-and a little rough-

but,

That doesn’t hold this story back.

Tweed jackets and scarves on a foggy day in November

is where this scene starts off.

The last smoke,

Alexander ashing out the cigarette fantasies

of what isn’t and what should be;

a desaturated reality.

The sun sets.

Alex goes home and rips up pictures.

Scratches out names in letters,

but is too afraid to erase them.

Daddy comes home and another fight begins,

Can the neighbors hear; or do they even

Care at all?

Is the fighting in French?

and all just

blocked

out…

_______________________________________________________________________________________

-Untitled #1-

I just wanted to see how warm it is inside

To see if I could float a long in my everlasting song

All I have is your hand.

beauty in the midst of chaos.

expectations cast aside

Please don’t wait for me

Relax to the sound of the waves hitting the coast

_____________________________________________________________________________________-

Musical life

Technicolor dreaming of a musical life

Art Mo-dehrn destroying mo-notony

I want to depersonalize glitz & happiness

Something out of nothing

Not Berkeley, more Kelley or Astaire.

Boredom broke by tremendous choral impacts

Pull up, show the kaleidoscope.

“Look at that choreography!” Someone says.

Alcohol and smoke, sustenance,

Something out of nothing

Just like that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

1001 polychromatic nights

Elliot’s everything may mean

nothing to him. But he was so gentle, so simple. He has certainly augmented my interest. You’re alone,

it will be ok.

Regina, could you kiss me where it hurts, my wooden tongue?

You little kitsch, your rhythms are hypnotic. I imagine your lips are like tangerines, so sweet and juicy.

Chris never meant to cause me trouble, but you don’t need to try to fix me.

Your falsetto does wonders with my resonance.

My decay is not sharply defined.

Ben won’t grow tired of anyone.

His rolling range is so soothing,

Like your voice of uncertainty, toying with the passing through of unconscious states on this highway.

Dustin’s haunting, he sounds like a beautiful sinking ship. There are no birds above. Take me away to that coda.

Dan, thinks he’ll start a new life

Are you gonna make it?

You’re optimisim is

Swung so sweet,

I feel like traveling when I’m with you.

Amanda scaring and somehow comforting, her baritone timbre chills my spine. You conjure such broken imagery; dissonance mirrors the path you’ve lead.

Stacy so sweetly tells me the truth

Hopeful, your harmonies invigorate,

like the sound of all your siblings together.

Congratulations, you’ve made it.

You beat the hell out of me.

Raw, like everything you’ve always wanted, Fiona. Your melodies carry me

To everywhere I want to be.

You’re a mess I do want to clean up.

The snow I envision, is just cold enough.

When I hear this Billy, I just want a lover while I sleep. Your masterful fingers, leaves me wanting so much more.

This Orchestration entices all of my receptors.

Sarah, all I want to see is Keaton or Chaplin pantomiming across the screen to your vaudeville-alternative.

So carefree and cryptic,

dancing sixteenth-triplets across my mind.

I feel alive too Freddie,

Scatman supreme, you make it all worthwhile.

I can’t help but smile black and white.

I’ll call you Mr. Fahrenheit.

Talk to strangers Saul?

So poetic, you do have the proper diction. Your Hemiolas flow like the cryptic, Monophonic tone.

You always knew Nick?

Syncopations tickling the ivory appendages. All those time I thought that I loved you, it was just an easy answer.

Pete didn’t want to lose me,

Your songs speak of hope

New-Jersian at its finest.

You are in one strange condition.

Damon never had an easy love,

Like the one he was dreaming of

The ambiance you set is lush like forests in the spring. Those were a lot of nights.

Regine misses Haiti.

She’s sorry about the church where your family died. I hear the longing; you’ll be fine I promise.

Maria’s eyelids get heavy at even your name’s mention.

You+ Me+ Under the covers= Perfect.

I still carry that picture in my wallet too.

Awake and alone Tim,

You silly bastard. The man of 1,000 sounds. Love is the religion of the week, but you make me sound like a joke.

Jenny, thanks for giving me a soundtrack while I read. I hope your season isn’t almost done. Oh! And thanks for having a sense of humor.

I thought I saw you on a train, Emiliana.

Your beauty is shown through your voice. What is it about Iceland?

Are you seeing anyone right now?

James, why can’t your ambiance take me away? A Train in Europe speeds by… a stop, a leaf, watching the change through the glass. I want to be on my way…. Soon enough.

Matt, you’ve got some interesting stuff going on here. Fucked up space rock, ha yea I think so. You’ll be my inspirator? I will hold you to that.

Maybe I don’t want to stay quiet. I’m just kidding Chris, you’re adorable. I pretend I can be drinking tea with you in Scotland… Pretend though, What a pity!

Killing people isn’t my scene either.

Torquil, six hundred sixty six, six hundred sixty days, is how long I have been waiting to hear this. Pretty pop songs can do some amazing things.

Do you want to go for a smoke Seaya?

I want to do that dance my one friend does somewhere, somewhere maybe.

See, you’re just having fun. I want to see your films, what would Brakhage think?

The perfect soundtrack, I think you got it Jon. It wasn’t unattainable I’d say. It just took a lot of work, you know what I’m talking about. How are Sean, Fiona, and Aimee?

Hope should have seen that girl at Leela’s, just at her names mention, she never looked happier.

Dennis I hear the torture, like Tannhauser, you don’t need to be absolved of your sins; just don’t go on saying your fucking dead.

I want to see you in the concert hall, let the penetrating echoes do their job Jay.

If you’re just doing this to play the part, then I commend your capabilities.

You don’t deserve that Thom, I don’t know why you’re here either, but this is where you’re meant to be. Your voice floats jut like a feather.



Sing us a song Billy,

An old soul trapped in this class act

Blown Away? I’m sure you have a lot more to say

Kori, I don’t do too much talking these days either. A casio smiles in delight anytime you’re around; settings that send nothing but smiles, fucking adorable.

Declan, I just heard shipbuilding,

And I want some whiskey and a cigar,

Lounge would be proud, wow. I’m not gonna get too sentimental,

but I want to know. Whose Allison?

Ray’s at the end friends.

So harsh almost mystical,

you look like you were having fun,

but It’s all over.

Stevie’s superstitious,

But that’s ok. Axl stole your slither,

But that’s ok. Show me a man that can’t move to this. That wouldn’t be ok.

Jay, I’m surprised to see you here too. No, no, no, no ,no why did you have to quit? Did you feel like the sum of other people’s failures?

Chris I don’t want to hear about the apocalypse, A little more Wagner, A little less black holes and origins please… Thanks.

Matt you’re Christmas cards can’t comfort me. Subtle and Simple, you’re folk- like fingers gently through hair- lull me away.

Jack, without you I was broken, maybe.

You and your friends are great they should show up more. It’s always more fun.

Blake I love how you love everyone.

I’m so sorry about the operation. You may be perfecting loneliness, but know that you’re my musical rocket boy.

Blake S. why did you have to be the lackey? Someday we will meet beyond the stars, but until then go home! I don’t fucking care! Oh, I won’t tell your dad though.

Can’t complain Isaac? It took awhile but here you are. Thank you for your depth. You are doing great things. No floating for you.

There’s you can do for you, you can’t do for yourself Connor. To my surprise you’ve been called the Bob Dylan of this generation? Wow. Failures did always sound better.

Do you remember my sister Adam? That picture was really cool. I like everything about you, except those dreds. We will have to talk.

How did you meet Colin, Jenny? Through a series of deconstructed folk tales I hope. I want to see you having more fun, and dressing up.

Don’t take yourself to seriously Dennis, your concepts are a little to out there. Actually from the moment I saw Dan singing your songs. have to be able to laugh

I wouldn’t expect the same Gavin. Ten years isn’t much too long. I want to know two things; Dino, piano and set, at the same time? Wow… and tell me about this rap thing please.

Everybody loves you Glen, high expectations should have been cast aside. It sort of felt that Don took the helm, but days go by. Oh, you should tell me how much coke Joe did, just being curious.

Thanks for showing me ferret Keith. You don’t seem like a cunt. You do like Se7en after all, how bad could you be?

I hate this city too.

Thomas, what the hell? Just relax tonight man. You just remind me of Brittany and how crazy she really is, I don’t want her running back to me.

Torbjorn what is it with AstralWorks?

Glastonbury deserved that night out with you. Thank you for experimenting. You little puffball.

Geddy is on a mission, as the abstract man against the masses. He is a new world man. Walking a fine line to keep his self control.

Bandages are temporary Eric, but that’s ok, a kiss would make it better; even if you aren’t signed with a degree in music-industry-ology.

We have fun Sam, why do I always go for jacking the ball though? You rise through the ashes like a Phoenix, or some other small town in Arizona… Oh and why all the tens?

Wow Sean, pretty harsh to say you get what you deserved, especially in the context of your dad. How was filming that video with Michael? Weird? Yea, thought so.

Sheila, I have just been turned on to you, and I like what I see. I hope I can’t just write you off as dyke rock though. Just laugh, and I hope to god-or whatever you believe in or want to call him- that you can laugh.

Thank you for lo-fi Bill, I appreciate it, I don’t care that no one else does. Your simple structures echo through those cold blooded old times.

There is a double edged sword that lies between harmony and dissonance, I think that between Conrad and Jason you guys have it. You said it yourself, the best will fall. I just hope the rest will follow.

Maybe Patrick and James are hockey fans, but that doesn’t mean you’ll be here for a limited time. I want you to have more than what you have left

Difficult not to feel a little bit disappointed, there is a formula. I think you are the quintessence of creativity. But why cover that song? That’s tough man.

What the hell Davey, what happened? I don’t care what Patrice would think either. Maybe it just turned into dust, and it can never be brought back to life.

Suburban Thrills, what are you talking about? I shouldn’t have lied about my aunt dying, that wasn’t like me anyway. You’ve helped me more than you can ever imagine.

I don’t care if you are an anorak, I’ll listen and sing along Joakim to your whole trilogy. I still haven’t thanked Natapol.

I won’t laugh at you Ian, but you sure you don’t want that? I hope San Fran and Allison are everything you wanted. Please trust me, it is ok to sleep, but do warn the others please.

Nicolas has his pocket symphony, I hope with Sofia on for visuals.

Backronyms, portmanteaus and mnemonics; pretty loaded for Love Imagination and Dreaming.

I will take the first one for free Michael, I won’t refuse either. I want to be in the scene that celebrates itself, that sounds like a good time for everyone. Just relax Marcus, I won’t think about the way that they treat you.

So what if you’re a Kraut, Andrew? That’s fine, you’ve had your fun. It may have been hard to find, but at least you can go on with Arts & Crafts now.

It’s a small world for Mr. Bird, he has been around. He’s even been in Hell. When did you start Suzuki? You sound like an old documentary, and have the vintage instruments to match.

I might be able to live and breathe with out you Tom, even if your hope has burned with time, I just might not miss you.

You might not believe in astrology David, but you’re still magical to me. Why is it that every time I hear you I see beards? Maybe it’s because of all those hardcore days and softcore nights.

Always the adventurous Beck I do appreciate it. But everybody’s gotta learn sometimes. I want to defy the logic of your laws though, especially if you keep on wearing those spicy pants.

Steve’s getting carried away. This isn’t supposed to be political. Just keep those melodies smooth, like a sailboat on the vast ocean ahead.

Jenny’s bound to melt your heart, but with her soothing vocals she can’t help it. Her muted vocals sound like a flickering candle trying so hard to stay lit.

It’s been so lonely for Dustin. Maybe it’s because Teppei is so cool, or the Breckenridge brothers have each other. It’s just important to know that true friends stab you in the front.

Garrett loves his beverages cold, and he likes his friends pretty close too. When he’s live he is on it.

Bill wants to be used, but I don’t know if I’m ok with that. He plans on using you too, it sounds just like the two of you. As long as it’s mutual…

Snow tends to fall Jake, not unlike your creativity. Loop & tap all you want to you’re still loved. The Crisco™ twister, we will have to talk about that on a separate occasion…

A montage, a feeble grind, and Deadringer is all I need for a trigger.

The horror, Jon. The horror, we can look past that and let the good times roll.

We’re all drunk on oil Trevor, I hope the backwards America is more suitable for you. Together, we will be fine. You don’t have to be alone in the bedroom anymore.

Connor wants to disappear, but that’s understandable. It looks good, however, when capitalism replaces art forms; well, that’s when I want to disappear too.

Phil was, and always is, fuckin hostile. You guys aren’t gonna take anyone’s shit huh? I’m sitting here gritting my teeth just at thought of hearing your voice.

Sick of chasing Jonah I almost forgot how sweet he is. There is noticeable distance from those punk-rock pimps and hoes. Hopefully we will go back to living small

Don’t take yourself too seriously Jennifer. Can I drive with you to Exeter?

Your voice would be perfect driving music.

Little did James know how awestruck the sad little cows made his fans. He also didn’t know how much the concept of kissing the lipless means. I’m sure he knows how much fun anyone has listening.

This Bi-lingual bossa nova keeps me warm in winter.

Angus’s music doesn’t sound so warm and scratchy as it does tough and gritty. But that’s texture. Dave makes his presence known, I’m glad you signed him on.

Kjartan is gentle arrangements and Jonsi’s vocals traverse this musical atmosphere with the greatest ease.

Hypnotic, all that’s left is, well, Takk.

Let’s see if Markus does leave this room.

With all those triggered pads and synths and laptops I’m sure he doesn’t have to.

Those stars over Oregon did go off for Brett, but not quite yet for Jim, Rob, and Eric. Mixed up and lonely? You’ll be fine just listen to your songs feel the beat and the company from that.

Gilbert, you may as well go on. Just don’t take the route of the Lisbon girls.

There is a good kind of alone time, it’s where lyrics and key signatures float through the city and enter your brain.

Its’ the perfect time of day for Ed, daydreaming, in god knows where, maybe honing your sense of humor. Hopefully you will figure out what all this is for.

Clarke should have seen this coming, maybe then he would be signed. But to be fair these record labels didn’t see you or your confetti laden rock songs coming either.

Erratic vocal explosions is all heard Black. Innocent screeching over the microphone you taught Kurt about all the Highs and Lows, that’s definitely something.

Tom, your songs sound like the Atlantic waves crashing the coast of London. Smooth yet chaotic, in the best ways possible.

Anthony; where would we be without him? Hillel would have been proud; lost under the bridge like the rest.

Frusciante was getting there.

Lonely as he was, together we die.

Brian went grey to achieve acclaim.

The ultimate mix left him with no shame. The suits’ dropped thank god.

Keep it up though.

This will be our year Damian says as he spikes the ping pong paddle.

Low budgets are fine don’t worry about it. Have your fun and make your protests, we can’t take you seriously, sorry.

Once in a lifetime David won’t be regarded as a joke. Rallying cries can be a strong suit, but with a suit as bold as those shoulder pads, it won’t be his most prominent; even if he was in McSweeney’s.

Mike’s exasperating friend was on Team H. Nine thousand miles and a little preachier, he comes back. This time he isn’t walking around in circles walking around in circles walking around in.

Yea you got busted Jens. That doesn’t mean your crooning still won’t be heard.

Smiling without even knowing it, you’re fans will hands down spring for bail.

A melancholy hum followed by surprisingly upbeat jam is your trademark Ani. It’d be nice if you were possibly happy, just once, please.

Tom is that Andy? Wow. Shrill and sweet you make it somehow complete.

I like the maniacal ambitiousness. Where will the history book takes us next?

I don’t hate it chauncy, don’t worry.

Nodding the head, gritting the teeth, raising a fist, what the hell are you doing to me? Oh well, see you in Philly.



Rise above you deserve to rise above.

Henry had man-handled the critics just by the looks of it. You’ll get you’re revenge. It’s inevitable.

I’m not gonna lie but you do sound a little self-righteous. I’d imagine Michelle doesn’t help that. Oh, and Jake doesn’t know that we’re talking okay? Let’s keep it that way.

Alec I will never forget Jeff talking about you guys. Carnival-esque but not the good kind; more Scooby Doo meddling kid kind creepy, are you up to something?

Ted doesn’t believe in something beautiful.

The road leads somewhere but that’s part of the beauty.

Cold and melancholy, do not describe either of the awards you have won Brad.

You sound so distant though, come closer. When you played for hours, was it by yourself?

On the fifteenth of June Mark asked me that question. Now I have a question for you. When will you realize you can’t be “trend-hopping” for ever? We understand 80’s revamps, god, trust me on that.

We’ve had enough too Matt,

Clear-channel, isn’t so clear on that though. So it’s up to you, do you embrace this, or will you just go down another path?

Maura doesn’t know but we’ve always liked what we have seen from her. It is easy to fall away, apparently. She belongs on stage though, maybe someday.

Your smooth grooves lines up with Ginsberg’s beats, Jason, but his soul is aligned with Dylan. Soothing enough to quite the shore.

A souvenir is the problem for you Tom. This sweet sound mixed with blood can only be problematic. It would be easy to just take your own advice. Move on.

.

Midwest road trips always make me smile John. I feel like you live that. Your growl brings me back to Steinbeck. It is coming down, but you’re not at fault.

Don’t worry about the hold up Andrew, just wanted to say, there’s been a lot fun had with you. I can ignore my ears but not my eyes when I see what video has done to you though

She probably does need you Guy, but you can get passed that., just look at what else you have done so far. Keep working on those cocktails, maybe one day you’ll get the mix right.

Keith, it takes a supreme feat of strength to flex the muscle you do dr. Stream of conscious couldn’t get me nearly as high as the heights of , well, Jupiter.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“No cars go”

Bright ambitious brass hits unleashes this

baroque-pop serenity.

Existing on a plane of new perspective,

A choral declarative, introduces this

journey to the unknown

The romanticized hum of the accordion establishes this new landscape

A place that no songs go.

The mystical essence of the flutes vibrato illuminates a pathway as

I meet Win between the click of the light,

and the start

of the dream.

We reach altissimo heights

Looking down on no one;

just onward.

At the lush show of Colorado sunsets and east coast colored forestry

across this pristine place,

Lux Aeterna, (la lumiere de ciel) looks fine, as long as I have this ambiance.


Take me away to that coda,

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wasn’t life black and white in the 50’s?

Mere colour, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form,

can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.
- Oscar Wilde

Burst and Bloom: come into this world vibrant, full, and radiant.

The birth of a movement,

death of an established idea.

Crimson so crisp you can’t even perceive it

Sub Rosa.

The secrets your hypanthia hold;

to feel, to love, to show, to spark.

You hold the awakening; the new start to this drab, fictitious season.

Evil,

Innocent

Both

Tantalizing green petals, torturous brown thorns

Surrounded in black and grey

You are new to this hue…

But what are your intentions, Red?

Go ahead Big Bob, trample the flower beds.

You’re just afraid.

.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Steinway Says

Power exerts from every # and b

Edges jutted like Braille unveiling the chromatic world.

Your molesting impresses some, but not me.

Sorry to sound depressed,

but how would you feel

if you were pounded

like every time was your first?

Diminished rudimentary skills that come before progress,

Your dominants dominance can’t hurt me.

Some find your modulations exotic & new,

It’s nothing I haven’t heard.

My repetitive sevens can tell so much

The confident bold black glare

Reflecting truth.

Even your dissonance is attractive

Cringing natural minors

Cacophonous static emerges through percussive, arthritic, means.

Opening doors to new worlds and cultures,

I am the Scheherazade of your infinite melodies;

_____________________________________________________________________________________

X/O

Elliot’s everything may mean nothing to him;

his gentle voice, a rising sun.

Just enough to ease awake,

not bright enough to squint.

Eyelids now augmenting with interest

Head toward the empty city.

He wrote about the good kinds of lonely.

When hands go into denim pockets,

how shoulders shrug so the jacket can warm.

A sigh is heard,

then,

a smile.

He is alone

But

It’s okay.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Closed

Dark/ brooding,

spots emerge as they usually do.

A jarring fragment.

All black and white,

like beyond the patio door.

The couch’s pattern a utopia.

there’s the carpet

my dog looked peaceful,

but this looks imprisoning… The mise en scene of childhood,

-a shift-

California burns.

Cast iron grates can’t keep me safe.

Never going beyond the line of division, this verse is fiction.

No problem with easy solution bruise my ego like the intruder.

____________________________________________________________________________________-

Dancing in the darkened corner

In a dark corner

the dance begins.

conspicuous.

What does that say about you,

or

your relationships?

Whatever the hell you want.

Look at what you wear

You stand out.

You want it that way.

A close-up on the dichotomy,

Who would want your

abortion?

You live a lie,

Oblivious

like you don’t exist

In this reality

You are just a

s

p

l

i

c

e

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disciples of the underground

An all out jam was wear it happened

Murmurs of, “these guys are awesome”

and

“what?” lost in the reverb

The static of the ecstatic event

was more over whelming seeing all those faces

lined up like roll call

We are the deciphers of the alternative

Entrancing rhythms that could lead us like lemmings if they desired.

we keep the spirit alive

the huddled masses converge,

at the strike of the snare

in the battlefields.

Jonestown wasn’t as tight knit as this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Burst

Empty, you float away ethereally

The wrapping of your skin reminisces of the gift you held.

Open & vulnerable you lay there splayed for display

Jagged; your edges grown rough over the years

Synthetic fingers that kissed my neck so softly

A darkened hallway with just your luminating voice

is all I can hear now.

I never said I wanted you perfect,

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Go For Broke!

A man with a thick rimmed hat tilts it downward and hides in shadows even more.

Looking around, he says, “Only one way from here.”

Then

SIRENS

CLOSE-UP

FOG:

his mouth. A smirk.

Low-angle.

Feet, shown scuffling.

SHIFT

Square one.

3 months earlier.

Fog.

Always Fog.

A Whodunit, He/ She, They? Wait, We?

of course.

D A

u n

t g

c l

h e of him not being what he seems.

It was something in those eyes. The way she always had looked so far removed.

Oneirically trudging through, a

shifty-eyed maelstrom of bullets.

The femme fatale walks out into a drab autumnal scene,

cigarette at hip,

blood left on the street.

Cue the dirty sax,

His shaking hand

A gun.

Another cold stare, and a smirk.

______________________________________________________________________________________

i-Personified

8am

Landlocked Blues.

9:45

White collar boy

11:00

Big Boss Man

12:00

Fired.

2:00

End of the World

4:00

The Sound of Coming Down

4:30

Don’t Look Back in Anger

6:00

Me and the Mini-Bar

6:45

Lady

6:50

Begin To Hope

7:00

Sweet Adeline

7:10

Try Try Try

7:20

Three Hopeful Thoughts

7:30

Five Seconds to Hold You

7:40

You’re the one I want

7:45

Telling Them

7:50

Killing Them with Kindness

7:55

Abandon! Abandon!

8:00

Show Must Go On

8:30

Wasted

9:30

Maybe Tomorrow

10:00

Typical Situation

____________________________________________________________________________________-

Inevitability: A Pessimist’s Perspective

Life is like a box of chocolates with a chart to match flavors and shapes.

Patience wearing thin like everything else around here

The father’s screaming voice cancelled out the passing clouds

Pencil’s we write with always blur

Forget tomorrow.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Innocent(o) Love

You make me real.

It’s you and me

for the first time in history.

To see you when I wake up is a gift

I didn’t think could be real.

(don’t blow it)

She says that love, is for fools that fall behind

Let go. Jump in, the worlds so amazing.

Seven days a week. Every minute. Every hour

does she love me?

will the two of us be complete?

I never said I was perfect.

Poisoned hearts will never change

I can’t get to sleep.

I think about the implications

They say California is a recipe for a blackheart.

Gone. When I wake In the morning,

Gone

you’ve grown more beautiful

since you’ve been gone.

Never had an easy love.

Like the one I’m dreaming of.

we used to be together, every night together,

you have only been gone ten days,

but already I’m wasting away.

It was you and me,

for the first time.

In history

We’re history.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Invective Perspective

Your multi-grayed tattered aglets were as natural as death bringing life, the scuffs on the deteriorated plastic-horned antennas jutted and pointed like your oh-so-prominent logos going up to the patch on your jeans that covers your frayed familiar denim with your pockets full-of-importance I’m sure, weighing you down to where you belong, the folded glasses sat comfortably on the lap of desk with the chipped and faded wood-grain that was like all of your damn stories going nowhere that lead to the nautical, “supposed symbol of tough” on your arm with the central bold point that looks at me and screams I’m an asshole, like the intricate design of your mesh shirt covering your decrepit innards worn down from all the alcohol you use to torment; which you can tell you do by the looks of your dilapidated collar of whatever dumbass band shirt you choose to display today, and unfortunately for you it doesn’t get any better from there as we move up to your face riddled with pseudo-confidence, and unevenly distributed surges of whiskers that lead to the blurred-edge of your supposed innocent smile which hangs like a victim below your snout that’s so big it looks like it could give life, up to those beady, wife-beating, “where’s my dinner” eyes of yours;

you know,

now that I look at it,

everything about you is like a cry for capitol punishment.

______________________________________________________________________________________

These days

That’s what makes it perfect

The warmth of the body beside

It turned me around.

At the end will they stand?

Discomfort surrounds me

There’s faith, we are all on the verge of

Our seats,

Who can say for sure

The remaining pieces,

What will become?

A tumultuous end.

It might happen but don’t think like that.

.

It’s the last thing you would expect to see

I’m walking away with her

That’s what makes it perfect.

____________________________________________________________________________________


Joel’s Kaddish

Yit’gadal v’yit’kadash sh’mei raba

Always a part of me, always a part of us

Amein

B’al’ma di v’ra khir’utei

Never selfish. Stable and secure

Amein

V’yam’likh manl’khueti b’chayeikhon uv’yomeikhon

Let these tears comfort my relation

Amein

Uv’chayei d’khol beit yis’ra’eil

Now and forever will you be a part of the family of Israel

Amein

Ba’agal uviz’man kariv v’im’ru

Your smile is one that will always shine through the heavens

Amein

B’rikh hu.

Blessed is He.

(amein)

1943-2001
















2 comments:

  1. I Really like Where You Want to Be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Britt! These are the ones i'm legitimately proud of. I will be "publishing"a lot more of my stuff here... Check for updates..

    ReplyDelete

Bring it on: Share your finding in shameful releases.

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Working at an indie bookstore in NYC, and a retail giant as well. Trying to figure out how my writing in this post-grad world works.

Followers